RegisterSearchFAQMemberlist Log in

Moose

Reply to topic    Skunked.ca Forum Index » Recipes View previous topic
View next topic
Moose
brucewayne
Trophy hunter

Post Moose Reply with quote
I have 3 lbs of ground Moose burger anyone have a recipe for burgers, or something. I was told I need to add ground pork because it has no fat ?
Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:02 pm View user's profile Send private message
rick_iles
500 Post Club

Post Reply with quote
There's probably pork or beef fat already mixed in, at the butchers. If not, a little pork fat will suffice. I eat lots of moose, we never buy beef, and haven't for about 30 years or so. I find the mooseburger to be great as is. I mix an egg and some breadcrumbs, to hold the meat together. Make your patties and head for the BBQ. Make sure you don't overcook it. I cook until what little fat there is, runs clear, then that's it. Moose is not like store-bought beef, you don't have to worry about it being undercooked....
If you wish, you can also mix in a package of onion soup mix. That's pretty good as well.
Tue Jun 22, 2010 2:47 pm View user's profile Send private message
Mikeman
1000 Post Club

Post Reply with quote
Onion soup mix or Superburger from Clubhouse. Two other favorites are Maggi and Lea and Pernins, both add a nice touch of flavour. Do not overcook or you will be eating sawdust.

Mike
Tue Jun 22, 2010 3:26 pm View user's profile Send private message
BOOMSTICK
500 Post Club

Post Reply with quote
I love moose meat. tagged one last year and we have not bought beef since october, anyways the wife bought a pound of ground beef instead of pork by mistake so i discided to make spagetti with the beef to use it up, and it tasted funny cause we are use to moose now.

we use it in everything that calls for ground beef, but my faverite is stuffed pepper. cook ground moose add stewed tomatos, add onions and enough rice to absorb the tomato juice. then (don't laugh it's great) add a scoop of chez whiz as a binder to keep everything together, slightly steam or boil some peppers hollowed out, then stuff with meat mix, then stand up the peppers in baking dish, top with shreaded cheese and broil in oven for 5 minute to melt cheese and your done. they are to die for.

Wed Jun 23, 2010 7:50 am View user's profile Send private message
brucewayne
Trophy hunter

Post Reply with quote
Thanks everyone
Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:51 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Skunked.ca Forum Index » Recipes All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: