Skunked.ca Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlist Log in

does anyone have a good recepie for pepperretes

Reply to topic    Skunked.ca Forum Index » Recipes View previous topic
View next topic
does anyone have a good recepie for pepperretes
lewie

Post does anyone have a good recepie for pepperretes Reply with quote
does any one have a good recepie for pepperretes?
Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:52 pm View user's profile Send private message
hunter148
Fishing Legend

Post Reply with quote
I have been using the mixes by High Mountain Jerky I buy at Gander Mountain. You can use the same mix for jerky or pepperettes, comes with all instructions and I use a 50% venison to 50% really greasy ground beef( just cause I bought half a beef and the burger is disgustingly greasy) as I like them a little on the moist side.

The bigger the sausage the less filler meat I use. Peps 50%, 32 mm case 35% and summer sausage about 3/4 pound of filler to a 3 pound sausage.

I bought a sausage stuffer a couple weeks ago and have been using it with great success as the boys I coyote hunt with found out Saturday. Summer sausage, venison cracked pepper and garlic, smoked pork bratwurst and mandarin teriyaki turkey jerky lasted about 25 minutes

I was trying to stuff case with my 1hp Hobart grinder which was just a pain and wasted a lot of meat. The stuffer will run 5 lbs of sausage in less than 5 minutes no muss no fuss. Next I am going to buy a mixer to make life even easier. The thing I find the hardest is once you get a mix you like, spice and base meat to filler proportions, write it down and stick with it( and remember you will not please everyone's taste when it comes to sausage) because in the past I have made more sausage that was fed to the dogs than was fit to eat. Now folks ask were I got it made.
Mon Feb 14, 2011 12:22 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Skunked.ca Forum Index » Recipes All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: