RegisterSearchFAQMemberlist Log in

White bass

Reply to topic    Skunked.ca Forum Index » Recipes View previous topic
View next topic
White bass
Tempus
1000 Post Club

Post White bass Reply with quote
I thought I'd do a bit of research on this, since these puppies like to get themselves hooked this time of year.

I agree that the meat is overpowering in fishiness, due to the bloodline (dark meat). Neutralizing this helps make them much tastier. Here are some tips that will help.

When fresh caught, snip out the gills and let them bleed out, gut, and store immediately on ice.
When you fillet them, trim out the dark meat (bloodline) and take the fillet off the skin.

If you're cooking right away, marinade the fillets in something spicy (cajun spice, louisana hot sauce, etc) or citrus (lemon AND lime juice) for a half hour before cooking.

If you're going to store the fillets for any length of time, store with lemon and lime slices and juice in a sealed ziplock bag, air removed. You can also try milk, buttermilk, or even coconut milk for an overnight marinade.

Dust with flour mixed with your favorite herbs and spices, and pan fry or grill. You can bake them in wine to create a tasty sauce.

If you're looking for specific recipes, let me know below and I'll come up with a few.

Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:16 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Skunked.ca Forum Index » Recipes All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: