RegisterSearchFAQMemberlist Log in

Cooking goose

Reply to topic    Skunked.ca Forum Index » Recipes View previous topic
View next topic
Cooking goose
ranpan
500 Post Club

Post Cooking goose Reply with quote
My dad gave me a goose breast that he shot the other day and said to find a good recipe to cook it with.
I have never made anything with goose but ended up just wrapping each piece I cut with a slice of bacon.
Turned out great and the wife even loved them.

- cut goose breast in strips. Approx 1/2 inch
Wrap with piece of bacon
Put skewer through to hold on to bacon
Pan fry to get brown on all sides. Med heat
Finish in oven for 20 min at 375.

Any other favourite recipes you guys use and want to share ?

Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:30 am View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger
doctorfishey1
Outdoor Lover

Post Reply with quote
I do the same thing only I bake them in cream of mushroom soup or BBQ sauce in the oven or even better marinate them in the BBQ sauce and oyster sauce than put them on the grill. The bacon flares up but everything tastes better on the grill I brush on more of the marinade as I cook them. I have a wild game dinner every year and these go super fast and there is never any leftovers. But who wouldn't like meat wrapped in bacon with BBQ sauce it's a no brainer. But you can cook a goose breast any way you would cook Chicken breast Just use your favorite chicken recipe taking care not too dry it out.
Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:44 am View user's profile Send private message
duckreaper
Trophy hunter

Post Reply with quote
I Dont see why geese get a bad name as far as taste goes every one loves ducks but not geese I did some last night Flattened them out with the meat mallet marinated them in soya sauce Worcestershire sauce red wine and some seasonings left for a day before you cook it put a lil corn starch gives it a nice crisp crust "just learned that" worked great.. And cook it high heat med rare or med I like med more

Cook ducks and geese like a steak not chicken I like to cook them to about 135 inside temp
Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:28 am View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Eric The Pirate
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Last Goose breast I had I made wellington. It's easy...

Take breast meat whole
Season with sea salt and cracked pepper
sear in EVOO in a hot pan
place in fridge for 15 min. to cool
in seperate pan place finely chopped cermi mushroom and shallot heat until moisture is removed ("Ducksale")
Remove breast from fridge and slather with dijon mustard.
Place thinly sliced pancetta on some Cling Film enough to wrap the gosse wrap goose meat tightly with panchetta and cling film place in fridge 20 min.
Place enough puff pastry on a new piece of cling film, spread ducksale liberally on the pastry. Unwrap your breast and panchetta and add to pastry.
Tightly wrap your breast making sure there is no openings. Place in fridge 30 min
Place on greased cookie sheet and brush with melted butter, sprinkle with sea salt. Bake at 385F for 35 minutes.

Seen It All... Done It All... Forgot Most Of It...
Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:46 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
duckreaper
Trophy hunter

Post Reply with quote
Dont over cook your duck goose!!!! Med rare-med.. I really haven't had duck or goose I didn't like everything from cooking like a steak to tacos to stew... Everyone loves tacos put breast in the slow cooker in broth until you can pull them apart drain them pull them apart till its a shreded you can make sandwiches with it like that or throw in in a pan with taco seasoning for tacos
Thu Feb 26, 2015 2:29 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Reply to topic    Skunked.ca Forum Index » Recipes All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: