RegisterSearchFAQMemberlist Log in

Professional Tournaments Give Area Sport Tourism a Boost

Reply to topic    Skunked.ca Forum Index » Majors View previous topic
View next topic
Professional Tournaments Give Area Sport Tourism a Boost
Eric The Pirate
Site Admin

Post Professional Tournaments Give Area Sport Tourism a Boost Reply with quote
It is with little wonder that we have attracted the attention of large big payout tournaments. Sarnia Lambton and the St. Clair River System have for years

offered the skilled angler excellent catches of walleye, perch, and small mouth bass. Sure there are many other species present but these three are prized for

their flesh and sport. The TBBA and WFN represent true professional fishing series. They will spot light the fishing in our area and give the community a much

needed shot in the arm as a sport tourism area, one thing this area of Ontario and Michigan can use. You need go no further than talk to a local hotel operator

to understand how little tourism this region experiences. With miles of Huron shore line and the picturesque St. Clair river it is just not a destination. Bad press

over the drain hole and chemical spills do not help and the well publicized "death" of the salmon fishery on Lake Huron has lead to many false speculations to

the cause. When I was a much younger man the area sported dozens of charter boats a Strong Bluewater Angler's group who built and financed a top flight

hatchery and a general enthusiasm for the outdoors. Maybe the attention of these professional series will help to restore some of that. We will absolutely do

our best here at Skunked.ca to generate a positive interest in this area.

Regards,

Eric

Seen It All... Done It All... Forgot Most Of It...
Sun Nov 25, 2007 2:42 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
CB
Wise Elder

Post Reply with quote
Great, that is all we need as a bunch of citified morons scorching around 80mph on there hopped up bass contraptions interrupting things around here. Eric I think your right about some of the negative press our area receives. In the long time I have lived in this community many efforts have been made to shed the stigma that shadows this area of the country. It is a shame that such a nice place to live is crippled by the very industry that gives it life. I do hope our fishery is revived as well but for the right reasons.

Sun Nov 25, 2007 3:49 pm View user's profile Send private message
RJT
Extreme Walleye Fisherman

Post Reply with quote
CB wrote:
Great, that is all we need as a bunch of citified morons scorching around 80mph on there hopped up bass contraptions interrupting things around here.

LOL! Very Happy

Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:07 pm View user's profile Send private message
HAWGHUNTER
Extreme Ice Fisherman

Post Reply with quote
I can't wait until the day I will have one of those contraption things, sorry cb
Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:53 am View user's profile Send private message
Big Dog
Den Mother and Peace Keeper

Post Reply with quote
Ditto Very Happy

Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:20 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
fishmonger
1000 Post Club

Post Reply with quote
I am thinking I will sell my boat and get a new contraption thingy as well.LOL
Thu Nov 29, 2007 10:07 am View user's profile Send private message
Bassinator
Outdoor Lover

Post Reply with quote
CB wrote:
Great, that is all we need as a bunch of citified morons scorching around 80mph on there hopped up bass contraptions interrupting things around here. Eric I think your right about some of the negative press our area receives. In the long time I have lived in this community many efforts have been made to shed the stigma that shadows this area of the country. It is a shame that such a nice place to live is crippled by the very industry that gives it life. I do hope our fishery is revived as well but for the right reasons.

You know I take offense to this kind of talk. My boat will only do 75MPH with the 225HP Yammy. But it is a light aluminum flat bottom and when doing that speed or any time it is up on a plane it does not even cause wake just a big rooster tail out the back. Some of those old trolling tubs that displace more water than some of the frieghters and cause more wake than some of those friegthters and leave an oil sheen on the water when the bilge runs cause more damage than any bass tourny. Not to mention dragging 30lbs of lead through our drinking water while you do that rigging trolling thing. I heard that trolling is really bad and upsets the enviroment.
Sat Dec 01, 2007 1:59 pm View user's profile Send private message
Eric The Pirate
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I agree with some of your points there chipmunk! If people do not keep their bilge clean it can be disastrous. I also implore people to buy steel weight for riggers or at least ones with a rubber or painted cover.

Seen It All... Done It All... Forgot Most Of It...
Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:04 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
cast n blast
Trophy hunter

Post Reply with quote
citified morons?
dude I run one of those so called bass contraptions and I give other boaters especialy trollers a very wide gap when Im running and most of the guys I know with so called bass contraptions give the same courtesy.
whats your beef with bass guys?
what makes you have more right to be driving slow down the fast lane...lol?
I grew up on a goat farm in the mountains and have never lived in a city and am on 15 acres in the country so maybe Im just half a moron with a bass contraption so I only fit half of your accusation Laughing

no offense taken by myself just pitty for you not wanting to share Wink
its big water brutha why cant we all get along?
Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:40 pm View user's profile Send private message
Perch Man

Post Reply with quote
CB wrote:

This CB is a hoot, I would not of thought so until I read his profile. Remember those lessons about respecting your elders! Wisdom
Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:21 pm
justfishguideservice
Gold Club Member

Post Reply with quote
buy a walleye contraption thing you can run 60 in 4foot chop and walkaway
Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:57 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reply to topic    Skunked.ca Forum Index » Majors All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: