RegisterSearchFAQMemberlist Log in

Pike

Reply to topic    Skunked.ca Forum Index » Recipes View previous topic
View next topic
Pike
Crazzyjunior
Gold Club Member

Post Pike Reply with quote
Hey guys, I'm just wondering if anyone here has a good recipe for Northern Pike? I have some nice boneless fillets from my trip up north, and so I was wondering if there is another recipe that I could try aside from just coating it in pancake batter and frying it in butter?

Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:13 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
hunter148
Fishing Legend

Post Reply with quote
Cube it and put some water on to boil and a good handful of salt goes in the water. Drop fish in and when it floats in a minute or two take out and serve. Butter or your favourite sauce. In fact i do this with any fish and it works great.
Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:29 pm View user's profile Send private message
Crazzyjunior
Gold Club Member

Post Reply with quote
I've heard that before, I think I may just have to try it, thank you hunter148

Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:58 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Da Jimm'r
Gold Club Member

Post Reply with quote
I love eating Pike and Pike Eggs also. Did you clip the gills to bleed out the Pike? One recipe my kids have always loved is I use a couple cups of whole wheat flour, then ad one cup of crushed up BBQ or All Dressed (I normally make both) chips..... Egg dip the fillets, then dip in the chips, quick second dip in the flour then into a hot pan of vegetable oil. I make my own homemade tarter sauce for dipping. Valaciun (sp) crisp dill pickles, chunked tiny, fresh crushed garlic, mayo, pepper, and fresh squeezed lemon.

I also (as I am a addict to salt) make a form of Michigan Fish Boil. Normally Lake Trout is used, but I like Pike for it. If you like salty, this is great. Four large white potatoes cut in quarters. Full head of Celery cut in half, four large Carrots, cut in thirds. Enough water to cover them, then add a half cup of salt..... Let the veggies cook, then once almost done add a few more cups of water to pot, boil, then drop thick chunks of Pike in the pot. DON'T stir.... Reduce heat to slow rolling boil and pull off after 10 minutes. Cover and let stand for 20 minutes before dishing out. It's salty as hell, but I bet you'll make it again!

Sun Jun 12, 2011 4:25 pm View user's profile Send private message
WOOD&WATER
Gold Club Member

Post Reply with quote
Rub mustard on fillets and roll them in your favorite fish batter...Then deep fry.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:57 am View user's profile Send private message
Da Jimm'r
Gold Club Member

Post Reply with quote
WOOD&WATER wrote:
Rub mustard on fillets and roll them in your favorite fish batter...Then deep fry.

Really? Any certain type of Mustard? Never tried this before, but sounds like something I would like to taste.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
Crazzyjunior
Gold Club Member

Post Reply with quote
Unfortunately we don't have a deep fryer otherwise I'd love to deep fry some Oickerel and Perch...

Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:44 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
WOOD&WATER
Gold Club Member

Post Reply with quote
Da Jimm'r wrote:
WOOD&WATER wrote:

Really? Any certain type of Mustard? Never tried this before, but sounds like something I would like to taste.

Frenchs works ...

Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:34 pm View user's profile Send private message
BRETT_68
1000 Post Club

Post Reply with quote
Pot + Oil....Pretty much the same thing as a deep fryer CJ...
Mon Jun 13, 2011 1:38 pm View user's profile Send private message
jigawhopper
Fishing Legend

Post Reply with quote
The pot and oil work fine for deep frying just remember to only fill the pot about 1/3 with oil and do not add too much fish as the oil will bubble up and could cause a fire.

Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:28 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Skunked.ca Forum Index » Recipes All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: