RegisterSearchFAQMemberlist Log in

rainbow trout

Reply to topic    Skunked.ca Forum Index » Recipes View previous topic
View next topic
rainbow trout
walleyepro1
2000 Post Club

Post rainbow trout Reply with quote
well trying to eat healthy so went out and bought some maple boards and soaked them for 24hrs.then i put the rainbow fillets in a freezer bag with KRAFT SUN-DRIED TOMATO & OREGANO salad dressing for around 8 hrs.put them on the maple plank and onto the barbeque they went until they were golden brown on top.man that was the best rainbow i have ever tried.besides trout and salmon what other fish could you do this way and does anyone else have any healthier way's of doing it trying to stay away from fried fish which is my favourite way.

laurens pics 001.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  70.54 KB
 Viewed:  5955 Time(s)

laurens pics 001.jpg

Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:45 pm View user's profile Send private message
Daly Dog
Fishing Legend

Post Reply with quote
Sounds like a good way to do em. We do ours in foil in the over or BBQ. Take the skin off the trout and take off the belly meat..its all fat. Spray the foil with cooking oil spice fish with montreal steak spice or season salt ( I have a dry rub I use on my ribs that we use) then put some lemon juice and some dill on it. Wrap the foil tight and put on BBQ on low for about 15 minutes and then open the foil for another 5 minutes to let the fish dry up a little. Use what ever spices you like but the fish is great this way and good for you. Its even better the next day cold. Serve with a little bit of cocktail sauce. My daughter always bakes her pickerel and perch after she dry batters them instead of pan frying them.

Eric
Sun Jul 24, 2011 8:58 pm View user's profile Send private message
Crazzyjunior
Gold Club Member

Post Reply with quote
I personally Love Doing a nice rainbow fillet on a Cedar plank on the bbq, then I pour some Mc Cormicks Lemon and dill sauce over it, simply mouth watering! Dang it now my mouth really is watering... and I don't have any more trout in the freezer. Sad

Sun Jul 24, 2011 9:43 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    Skunked.ca Forum Index » Recipes All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: