View next topic
Hey Worm!
Eric The Pirate
Site Admin

Post Hey Worm! Reply with quote
Spring weather could be a month away
Posted By DAN McCAFFERY
Posted 20 hours ago
Although spring has officially arrived, it could be another month before we begin to enjoy the fruits of the season, a weather expert said.

"We're going to have to be more patient," Dave Phillips, a climatologist with Environment Canada, told The Observer. "We're clearly not going to be rushing into spring. There will be sunshine on the weekend, but it will be cold and that's going to continue, according to the 10-day forecast."

In fact, temperatures in Sarnia "are about 10 degrees colder than they should be for this time of year." And below normal temperatures could linger until the middle of April, he said.

To add insult to injury, there's the possibility of more snow. "My advice wouldn't be to get rid of the snow shovel just yet. The odds clearly favour more snow because it's going to be colder" than normal in the weeks ahead.

Phillips said Sarnians are fed up with winter, at least partly because the region has been hit with 50 per cent more snowfall than normal.

"My sense is that there is some frustration," he said. "People are getting to the point of being nasty about the weather. Last year winter lasted six weeks and, my gosh, this year it's been six months. But we probably have four more weeks to go."

On the positive side, he predicts May, June and July will be dryer and warmer than last year.

According to a less scientific source, the Old Farmer's Almanac, nearly all of Canada will be warmer than normal in April and May.

It predicts sunshine and above average temperatures will prevail throughout most of those two months, although it concedes there could be snow flurries in some areas.

Seen It All... Done It All... Forgot Most Of It...
Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:42 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
FSNmachine
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Yes I already read that too. and wished to forget I read it but now am forced to read it again. Barf
Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:44 pm View user's profile Send private message
Fisheye
Belle River Gang

Post Reply with quote
Eric, he said it will be sunny and cold this weekend! Right now in Belle River it is sunny and 43 degrees on my porch! No kidding!

If you want to catch a fish, you have to drink like a fish!

Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:47 pm View user's profile Send private message
wormhole
1000 Post Club

Post Reply with quote
Yeah Eric I saw that release on Friday, I think it was. Yeah like Rodney Fishey said on another thread. Looks like we're goin from winter to summer.

Attitude: It takes 43 muscles to frown, 17 to smile
but only 3 for a proper trigger squeeze!

SUPPORT OUR TROOPS
Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:11 pm View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Skunked.ca Forum Index » Weather All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: