RegisterSearchFAQMemberlist Log in

Mallard Breast

Reply to topic    Skunked.ca Forum Index » Recipes View previous topic
View next topic
Mallard Breast
Crazzyjunior
Gold Club Member

Post Mallard Breast Reply with quote
Ok guys so a native friend of mine said he's gonna bring me a nice mallard next week when he goes hunting, so I can have the feathers and meat so I was just wondering if any one could recommend a nice quick easy recipe for a couple breast and possibly legs?

Thanks

CJ

Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:42 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Da Jimm'r
Gold Club Member

Post Re: Mallard Breast Reply with quote
Crazzyjunior wrote:
just wondering if any one could recommend a nice quick easy recipe for a couple breast
CJ

Laugh my a... Ohhhh CJ..... Good bottle of wine, and soft music. LOL Make sure you have moisturizer for soft hands CJ!

Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:48 pm View user's profile Send private message
Crazzyjunior
Gold Club Member

Post Re: Mallard Breast Reply with quote
Da Jimm'r wrote:
Crazzyjunior wrote:
just wondering if any one could recommend a nice quick easy recipe for a couple breast
CJ

Laugh my a... Ohhhh CJ..... Good bottle of wine, and soft music. LOL Make sure you have moisturizer for soft hands CJ!
Laugh my a... Laugh my a... Laugh my a...

Ok sounds good Jim, thanks

Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:25 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Fisheye
Belle River Gang

Post Reply with quote
Are you looking for a recipe or what? I don't know why you guys have to post crap like that!!!!

If you want to catch a fish, you have to drink like a fish!

Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:29 pm View user's profile Send private message
Crazzyjunior
Gold Club Member

Post Reply with quote
Yes I am looking for a recipie. But he made a joke so i responded.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:55 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Daly Dog
Fishing Legend

Post Reply with quote
CJ..cut the duck breasts up into 1/2 inch cubes and put in a zip lock bag with italian salad dressing and a little hot sause. soak overnight and then wrap in bacon on a kabob stick and BBQ.( You can add veggie's but I found that they are not that great..)You can also just slice the breast in half thickness wise and put in same sause over night and BBQ until just pink inside like a fine steak. It does not take very long. If you cook it too long it will be dry and tough and taste like liver. I cook goose the same way. Bacon wrapped kabobs are to die for..always a favorite.You can still drink the wine and your on your own with the hand moisturizer...LOL

Eric

Sorry Fisheye that was too funny to pass up....right Jimmy....
Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:55 pm View user's profile Send private message
Crazzyjunior
Gold Club Member

Post Reply with quote
Ok thanks DD.

Fri Sep 23, 2011 11:57 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Da Jimm'r
Gold Club Member

Post Reply with quote
Geez Fisheye, Lighten up.

CJ, My Grandfather showed me this recipe years back and I have used it myself and enjoy it. My Grampa was an old immigrant who use to keep pigeons to eat and he used this recipe on the pigeons as well as on ducks.

Breasts of 2 ducks
1 pkg. dry onion soup mix
1 apple, sliced
2 cups water
1 orange, sliced

Fillet breasts. Place breasts on platter and cover with apple and orange. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Remove apple and orange slices and place fillets in 1 1/2 quart oblong baking dish. Empty onion soup into dish; add water. Bake at 300 degrees for 2 hours. Serve with pan drippings. Serves 4.

If you have only one duck then debone the legs/thighs and when placing them in the baking dish put the thighs towards the outside of the pan and the breasts in the middle. This is a really simple but good tasting recipe.

Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:36 am View user's profile Send private message
Crazzyjunior
Gold Club Member

Post Reply with quote
Sounds great Jim. And not to spicy... my dad can't handle spicy to well. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:41 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
tollboothcraig
Fishing Legend

Post Reply with quote
BBQ till rare, with a little montreal spice on them. Let sit till medium rare.
Thinly slice them with a fillet knife, serve on a onion bun with a little mayo and bbq sauce.
Mon Sep 26, 2011 4:41 pm View user's profile Send private message
Daly Dog
Fishing Legend

Post Reply with quote
I agree TBC..if you over BBQ ducks or geese they are tough and taste like liver..pink in the middle and they taste like steak.
Jimmy I might give yours a try..sounds good.
Eric
Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:03 pm View user's profile Send private message
crawdad_790
1000 Post Club

Post Reply with quote
Daly Dog wrote:
CJ..cut the duck breasts up into 1/2 inch cubes and put in a zip lock bag with italian salad dressing and a little hot sause. soak overnight and then wrap in bacon on a kabob stick and BBQ.( You can add veggie's but I found that they are not that great..)You can also just slice the breast in half thickness wise and put in same sause over night and BBQ until just pink inside like a fine steak. It does not take very long. If you cook it too long it will be dry and tough and taste like liver. I cook goose the same way. Bacon wrapped kabobs are to die for..always a favorite.You can still drink the wine and your on your own with the hand moisturizer...LOL

Eric

Sorry Fisheye that was too funny to pass up....right Jimmy....

Last edited by crawdad_790 on Mon Jun 09, 2014 2:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:31 pm View user's profile Send private message
Crazzyjunior
Gold Club Member

Post Reply with quote
Thanks guys, I ended up using Jim's recipe with the orange and appple slices, and it turned out great! I highly recommend tryin it!

Wed Oct 19, 2011 8:34 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    Skunked.ca Forum Index » Recipes All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: