RegisterSearchFAQMemberlist Log in

MWC

Reply to topic    Skunked.ca Forum Index » Majors View previous topic
View next topic
MWC
justfishguideservice
Gold Club Member

Post MWC Reply with quote
After day 1 member of this site (chartertalk) Bob.D and partner sit in 3rd at the Final tourny Master walleye circuit event out of Dunkirk N.Y lake Erie.. There also in the running for team of the year... Good luck boys...

Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:34 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Eric The Pirate
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Go get 'em boys!!! It takes a lot of dedication to fish at this caliber not to mention $$ and a supportive group of friends and more importantly family. I used to dabble in big tournaments but did not have the gumption to do it full time. Good luck guys we are all pulling for you!! Cool

Seen It All... Done It All... Forgot Most Of It...
Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:11 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tempus
1000 Post Club

Post Reply with quote
Net the big ones boys!

Sat Aug 23, 2008 7:32 pm View user's profile Send private message
chartertalk
1000 Post Club

Post Reply with quote
Thanks for the encouraging words. We ended up in 5th and had a good year finishing 2nd for Team of the Year. The 3 stops (Port Clinton, Saginaw Bay and Dunkirk) on the east divison were all big water events and really test your equipment and ability to find (big) fish.
Port Clinton and Saginaw were similiar bites, harnesses and Off Shore Tackle inline boards, fishing suspended walleyes in 25-40 fow. Dunkirk was new water to both Steve Velte and myself. Fortunately when I got there on Tues to prefish the water was rough and got a chance to talk to many of the locals. Fishing had been tough and there was a good bite going in PA and the Ont waters, so I choose to target the border waters of ONT and PA. The tourny called for ONLY NY waters of Lake Erie. For the Dunkirk bite the fish were deep 75-90 down over 110-125. We used Walker 107 mm Deeper Divers 150-200 back on 0-3 settings to get the baits deep on 30# Power Pro. We pulled harnesses with chart being good in the morning and gold being good in the aft.
We started day one quick with 5 walleyes by 930 am and upgraded fish throughout the day boating alomost 20 walleyes. Day 2 was slow to start but heated up as the water went flat and the gold Silver Streak blades started to shine. We landed about 18 walleyes but could not upgrade as day one. It was a great event and a fun season. Our 5 walleyes for day 2 were between 4.4 and 4.14 #

Thanks again,
Bob
Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:35 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Eric The Pirate
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Great Stuff Bob I wish I was in better position to travel and fish, it's tough to get a partner to commit to the days on the road as well. I am hoping to fish the Scotty this weekend but as of right now all my crew choices have other commitments and this may end my hopes.

Seen It All... Done It All... Forgot Most Of It...
Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:43 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
justfishguideservice
Gold Club Member

Post . Reply with quote
CONGRATS.... on your year (Bob) the hard work and long hours are starting to PAY off....

Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:09 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Chrispy
Fishing Legend

Post Reply with quote
AWESOME Buddy!!! Good to see a local fisherman doing well!!! I'll be in touch this week....

Chrispy!

Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:34 am View user's profile Send private message
Reply to topic    Skunked.ca Forum Index » Majors All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: