Skunked.ca Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlist Log in

Lambeth Rod & Tackle
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Skunked.ca Forum Index » Bait and Tackle Shops View previous topic
View next topic
Lambeth Rod & Tackle
Eric The Pirate
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
RodneyFishy wrote:
I agree with Big Bry, if you have a problem with a shop mention it. Talk to the owner. Many shops get caught up in non productive routines and forget about customer service. Many shops after some time begin to view their customers in a negative light and it shows. You would be surprised how difficult it is to find good staff and even more surprised to find an owner that really knows what good staff is. Most shops have never branded themselves so they have no direction. I worked with Orvis shops for years, they are about the best in fly fishing but even they have trouble finding good staff. If a store owner is smart he will listen to his customers and adjust to there needs, let them know, tell them about the site.

Amen... If a customer asks for something I don't have I will order it right in even if that means eating the shipping to be competitive..... I would prefer people say good things and come back... Customer service is a tough racket!

Seen It All... Done It All... Forgot Most Of It...
Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:11 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
always-topless
Gold Club Member

Post Reply with quote
Word of Mouth is the best Advertisement a retailer gets. An example, is here in this thread. I agree with Big Bri. He has stated a very good case. I would love to hear others opinion on certain Bait-shops. I surely do not want to go to a shop where I am dissatisfied with the service. A shop having a respectable attitude and atmosphere is what I like to see. Especially in a unfamiliar area where you would just stop in for bait or advice. I have been shopping at Steve's shop for yrs now. Hell I have been going there when George owned it.....Anyways, I personally find Steve's Shop and Angling Outfitters in Woodstock to be the best around.........Jim

Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:10 am View user's profile Send private message
scugog
1000 Post Club

Post Reply with quote
Eric The Pirate wrote:

Amen... If a customer asks for something I don't have I will order it right in even if that means eating the shipping to be competitive..... I would prefer people say good things and come back... Customer service is a tough racket!

Thats why I've come to really enjoy shopping at Angling Outfitters. Customer service and prices are awesome....and I can be a pain in the ass to them sometimes. It's usually an entertaining experience talking to Jocelyn and Chris as well.

I like going to Lambeth because Steve's a great guy, excellent customer service and his prices are good considering it's a small shop.

Pirate it sounds like you have the same attitude as them so you should see many happy and returning customers down there. Cool

I find with shopping its not about the best price, but the customer service and conversation goes a much longer way.
Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:34 am View user's profile Send private message
Eric The Pirate
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
So true, you have to remember all of those guys are my friends, and I get alot of support from them as well as Tom at Sarnia RV, and Jimmy at Rotten Ronnies.... Mt buddies in Florida and Texas have been a huge help with Bass Stuff.... You should see some of the things coming in for Bassapolooza!!!! A lot of it I will be the ONLY Canadian Retailer!! Cool

Seen It All... Done It All... Forgot Most Of It...
Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:50 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    Skunked.ca Forum Index » Bait and Tackle Shops All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: