Goto page Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic    Skunked.ca Forum Index » Majors View previous topic
View next topic
Just a Heads UP!!!!
Fisheye
Belle River Gang

Post Reply with quote
Eric, I may just be available! Funny Face

If you want to catch a fish, you have to drink like a fish!

Sat Nov 29, 2008 3:09 pm View user's profile Send private message
SNAGMAN
Fishing Legend

Post Reply with quote
The Pirate & Fisheye as a walleye team, interesting combo I'd think. Tom I wish you luck in realizing those amounts of tournies in the Sarnia area, I hope the anglers, community and city gets behind them...just a word to the wise tho, don't count or bank on verbal confirmations or inflated ghost teams who say they want to fish the tourny but never show, been there done that and got the t-shirt, you can bet Andy Palotta will be looking at the numbers and roi first and that'll be before he ever leaves home. Remember the CSFL is a business and the bottom line is very important to them.

The TBBA are great folks respectable and honorable people, and they have a good following for their series.

Linda & Al over at DeerBrook along with the Lund sponsored Angler/Young Anglers Tournament will be a good one and I am sure under Lunds guidance they'll see a close to and/or full field. (50 local pro's will be difficult to find, so they will be banking on outside the region pro's participation).

PS...Outside the TBBA and the CSFL, your choices of another local/regional tournament organizer jumping on the band wagon and being available is slim to none as far as a walleye tournament or series goes. Those April-May-June dates have been offered to other past directors and tourny series and fell on deaf ears and none wanted to buy into them, so for those dates to rise again with the CSFL interests is no surprise. But on a positive note I hope their is someone out there williing to give it a go.

Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:36 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tom
Fishing Legend

Post Reply with quote
Thanks Snag for the supported confidence, all succesfull tournament series are treated as a business and so they should be, you need a market, customers and repeat business to succeed in any business. Andy & Vita have done wonders on there events and sportshows. The tournaments that we have talked about are in the early business plan stages, if you don't plan than you plan to fail!.

The TBBA organizers are a great group of guys & gals, that provide local week-end anglers a chance to fish competetive and keep the expenses down, there fields have doubled in the past 2 years and will only get stronger, I truly believe they will be back in Sarnia next year, either as a quailifier or a classic (hoping both).

Deerbrook Marina is doing a great thing in there event, not only does it create a tournament for the anglers but most of all they are creating a base of youth anglers for the future..Good Job!

As for someone to step up to the plate, Im with you. In these economic slow downs, Im just not sure if there is a large enough customer base willing to put up the entry fees to create a full time series in Southwestern Ontario, hopefully Im wrong.!
Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:17 am View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SNAGMAN
Fishing Legend

Post Reply with quote
Tom...Anytime ya wanna yak about tourny's and thoughts and ideas and opinions on southwestern based tourny anglers and their views just let me know...ain't afraid to take a road trip up Sarnia way! I reckon yall gots a Timm Hortons close by! LOL

Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:38 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Eric The Pirate
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
SNAGMAN wrote:
Tom...Anytime ya wanna yak about tourny's and thoughts and ideas and opinions on southwestern based tourny anglers and their views just let me know...ain't afraid to take a road trip up Sarnia way! I reckon yall gots a Timm Hortons close by! LOL

Snag if your coming to town... We'll have Sleeman's and wings!!!!

Seen It All... Done It All... Forgot Most Of It...
Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:46 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Tom
Fishing Legend

Post Reply with quote
We have a Timmies "eh"..LOL...I will be in touch Snag. Thanks.
Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:10 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SNAGMAN
Fishing Legend

Post Reply with quote
Wooowhooo on the Timmy's lol, Anytime Tom................WoW Winmgs and Sleemans, honestly ain't never had a Sleemans, that be a interesting sitdown Eric, I am sure.

Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:27 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Reply to topic    Skunked.ca Forum Index » Majors All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: