Skunked.ca Forum Index
RegisterSearchFAQMemberlist Log in

howdy
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic    Skunked.ca Forum Index » Intros and Welcomes View previous topic
View next topic
howdy
chewie
Avid Angler

Post howdy Reply with quote
how is everone..
my names chuck people know me as chewie and im from algonac.. im 20 years old.. and been on the water preety much all my life..

i own a 20 foot bright yellow checkmate enchanter with a 93 merc 200 its a makeshift fishing boat but it works. fine.. i like the low sides..and rear bench seat thats a plus..
fishing is probably my favorite thing to do.. besides goin fast on the water

i fish/boat primarily on the st clair river. gotta love that deep blue water..

this summer i mainly bass /pike fished. casting crankbaits and spinner baits and a occasional bucktail or two..

russel island canals.. and backwatwer... GREAT PIKE AND BASS FISHING

did some drifting for walley and the two times that i went out i caught at least one.. and about fifteen gobys... they were promptly taken care of ..and i got poured on...

i hope to maybe meet some of you guys in the spring or hell even the winter time... for some fishin...

id like to go ice fishing but the lack of equipment has kept me from it..

take care

here is one of the beasts

look familiar?
Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:10 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Castmaster
Fishing Guide

Post Reply with quote
Welcome Chewie! Very Happy
Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:36 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ShoreFisher
1000 Post Club

Post Reply with quote
Welcomeand I look forward to posting with you!

Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:42 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
chewie
Avid Angler

Post Reply with quote
that was quick

yeah the boat is fun... gets me to where im goin quick.. its kinda hard to manuver in cover while fishing though lol..

whats your guys main species you fish for ?
Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:44 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
ShoreFisher
1000 Post Club

Post Reply with quote
I fish for whatever will bite my hook but I am expanding my horizons to target species...LOL lol_hitting

Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:46 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ShoreFisher
1000 Post Club

Post Reply with quote
Big Dog wrote:
My main target is bass, but I never complain about a stray walleye here or there

Cna I ask why you like to target the bass?

Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:50 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
ShoreFisher
1000 Post Club

Post Reply with quote
looks like I am going bass fishing in the spring when the season opens

Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:57 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
chewie
Avid Angler

Post Reply with quote
bass are fun.. i catch them in my back canal.. flippin tubes...

caught some real hogs outta there. i was quite suprised..
Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:58 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
chewie
Avid Angler

Post Reply with quote
oops
Wed Dec 19, 2007 10:59 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
chewie
Avid Angler

Post Reply with quote
what do you mainly use for bass ? ever try tubes with just a hook no weight.. you gotta punch a little hole in hte side so it sinks though.. when you twitch it has a very natural action and bass are powerless to resist it.. silver with silver flakes , and green with chartuse tails work best
Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:20 pm View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
needs2fish
Fishing Junkie

Post Reply with quote
Good day chewie... If you get a chance to fish this neck of the woods you'll have a treat. This lake is almost over run with bass and they will eat almost anything. Your set up with no weight is a flutter tub and sometimes we will stick a small piece of foam inside to slow the drop even a little more... drives them crazy... Don't tell BD incase we run into each other out there....

Nice boat you like speed... I had a 20 foot sleakcraft with a open 460 ford punched out, Holly 750, bassett racing headers, turbo thrust high rise, and a dominator outdrive... My girlfriend at the time, now my wife went in it once.... just once... man the good old days, the only time I went over 70 on the water.. I will dig up some pics if I can find them.

Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:45 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Eric The Pirate
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Welcome Aboard Chewie! Cool

Seen It All... Done It All... Forgot Most Of It...
Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:02 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
FSNmachine
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
Welcome Chewie. Nice boat. Cool
Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:13 am View user's profile Send private message
chewie
Avid Angler

Post Reply with quote
thank you everone...
whats this about salmon in the scr after iceout... i wanna get into some of that action
Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:19 am View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
RipNLips
Master Angler

Post Reply with quote
howdy

Sun Dec 23, 2007 3:09 am View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger
needs2fish
Fishing Junkie

Post Reply with quote
Big Dog wrote:
needs2fish wrote:
Good day chewie... If you get a chance to fish this neck of the woods you'll have a treat. This lake is almost over run with bass and they will eat almost anything. Your set up with no weight is a flutter tub and sometimes we will stick a small piece of foam inside to slow the drop even a little more... drives them crazy... Don't tell BD incase we run into each other out there....

Nice boat you like speed... I had a 20 foot sleakcraft with a open 460 ford punched out, Holly 750, bassett racing headers, turbo thrust high rise, and a dominator outdrive... My girlfriend at the time, now my wife went in it once.... just once... man the good old days, the only time I went over 70 on the water.. I will dig up some pics if I can find them.

Find those pics!!!
I used to play around on the water with a 19" Wright with a blown Boss 429, best ever speed on the radar gun was 87. It was a "company" boat I built the engine for, when I worked at the speed shop. Man that thing was fun Very Happy

Now I was digging threw photo albums I haven't seen in years... had to look at thousands of pics and relive the moments, but found one for now...
Hey check out my old satalite dish in behind......... like something from NASA

my drag boat.JPG
 Description:
 Filesize:  32.41 KB
 Viewed:  6770 Time(s)

my drag boat.JPG

Sun Dec 23, 2007 1:54 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
muskiehound
Master Angler

Post Reply with quote
Glad to see you made it over Chuck. Hope you had a great Christmas. Springs on its way!!!! Monster Pike!!!!

Jim
Wed Dec 26, 2007 1:25 pm View user's profile Send private message
needs2fish
Fishing Junkie

Post Reply with quote
All the details are in my first post at the bottom BD... My speedo pooched out at 70... so over that... now the problem was it was a jet drive so lost a tone of speed....

Here's a funny... my buddy for years always said "if you ever sell that boat call me" he never went in it... so one day I was loading it up and he pulls in, I invited him since I was going alone... we get going I went from Puce to Belle River and beck in about 10 minutes.. the water from his eyes was streaming along his check and into his ear.. kinda funny... but once back at the dock, he said "nope I don't want it, ill kill myself" he chickened out and never went in it again... he still talks about it and watches that movie "uncle buck"........

Wed Dec 26, 2007 3:47 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Eric The Pirate
Site Admin

Post Reply with quote
I had a 37' Fountain with a pair of Kieth Black Hemis built by Ray Barton........ In Plain English it would flat Haul Ass.

Seen It All... Done It All... Forgot Most Of It...
Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:41 pm View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Big Dog
Den Mother and Peace Keeper

Post Reply with quote
Ha, that bugger would flat Haul Ass, in any language Laughing

Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:44 pm View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Reply to topic    Skunked.ca Forum Index » Intros and Welcomes All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: